All driveways need a certain amount of excavation and grading as they age, after heavy rains and traffic. We want to make sure that your driveway grading is done so the water drains and sheds water properly. It’s vital that water runs away from your buildings to avoid flooding, therefore the driveway needs to be graded to ensure the drainage is away from all critical areas. We also want to make sure water runs off of the surface and doesn’t pool or stand on the surface.
If you have a long and winding driveway leading up to your home, having a driveway with a crown is not recommended. The problem with a crown is when you drive on the driveway with your vehicle, the tires run on both sides of the crown, straddling the hump in the middle. On gravel driveways, the material just ends up on the sides of the driveway causing ruts and possibly a muddy mess.
Pitching the driveway to one side or the other so the water will drain off is the right way to grade a long driveway. It doesn’t have to be a drastic pitch, only about a 1/4 inch to 1/2 of an inch on either side. This will result in less maintenance and a much longer-lasting driveway.
If your gravel driveway isn’t looking as good as it used to, look no further than In The Bag Landscape Products to assist in getting your gravel driveway looking fresh again. Our process and equipment will get your driveway job done right and on time. Servicing the Land O’ Lakes and surrounding areas, no job is too big or too small. Contact us today to get a quote and discuss your upcoming project.
No Job Too Small
We specialize in private, driveway repairs and grading.
- Road and Driveway Building
- Gravel Driveway Reconditioning
- Seasonal Post and Pre-frost Levelling
- Driveway Sides Pulled Back
- Gravel Driveway Repairs
- All Rolls Eliminated
- Pot Holes Fixed, Not Filled
- All Driveways Crowned or Levelled to Suit Ground Level
So How’s It Done?
- Using our grading box we dig in as deeply and as comprehensively as possible loosing up the existing gravel
- We go back & forth over all areas of the driveway
- Once it has been tossed and turned, we scan for additional areas of washouts or floating gravel.
- After we’ve scanned and swept, we give the area a final grade back and forth to ensure everything is levelled out.